Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nexalin Therapy
Douglas
Post Nexalin Therapy
on: March 27, 2015, 03:44

Has anyone tried Nexalin therapy (please Google if you're unfamiliar), or something similar, to treat their anxiety or depression? If not, do you find it to be bogus? I've tried it in the past with some success, I believe, and have gotten some mixed reviews from patients at the doctor's office. I think one of the reasons why it wasn't more effective is because I didn't quite follow the proper protocol. It suggests 10 treatments over two weeks (5 sessions, Mon-Fri; twice). My schedule was quite different, mainly because of finances and time.
Anyhow, I actually plan on giving it another try in a few weeks once I'm off of Zoloft. Nexalin claims that it can be used in combination with meds but I sort of want to start with a clean slate and no meds in my system. However, if I feel good without the drugs, and their side effects, and I'm managing my anxiety effectively enough "naturally", I may just leave well enough alone.
My therapist is really pushing it on me to give it another try. He claims he's had tremendous positive feedback from a number of doctors and patients. He also thinks it will be good to sort of combat any lingering side effects I may have from discontinuing Zoloft.
Thoughts?

Sarah
Expert
Post Re: Nexalin Therapy
on: March 27, 2015, 14:35

I don't know; seems like a scam to me. But I may be wrong. I just find it strange that all the sites mentioning the device seem to be owned by the same company. Kind of like you can't find anything on ''the linden method'' without a link to the main site on it.
If you quit medication, be carefull. I did with terrible consequences and relapsed really badly.

Give this device a go if you want but don't let it drain all your money.
Take care!

Paul-
Dooley
Administrator
Post Re: Nexalin Therapy
on: March 30, 2015, 03:20

Hey Douglas,

Haven't heard of this particular device but as far as I know the only type of brain stimulation therapy that is effective would be ECT (shock therapy), which is aimed mostly at hard to treatment depression. Other forms of brain stimulation therapy have not provided consistent benefits/results. I would look into research studies of this and similar devices before actually using one.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.019 seconds.