Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: This is what it feels like for me
Hilary
Post This is what it feels like for me
on: May 15, 2015, 19:25

When I feel anxious, it's like I have a pair of anxiety goggles on, and it colors everything I look at in my surroundings. Everything seems tinted by the dread and sense of impending doom. Does anyone else experience this? Thereafter, the things in my surroundings tend to remind me of the anxiety and dread.

William
Post Re: This is what it feels like for me
on: May 18, 2015, 03:18

Thanks for sharing. Sometimes my anxiety feels like that. It's like I know that things aren't as bad as my mind is telling me they are but I feel stuck. I have recently been having some success working through this feeling from using some ideas from Paul's book, "How to Stop Anxious Thinking." Specifically I have been playing around with the idea that you can learn to be anxious without letting it turn into full blown fear. I've also noticed that my anxiety and depression seem to ebb and flow: getting gradually worse then gradually better every few weeks.

Aimee
on: September 10, 2015, 15:11

Yes, mine feels like that for sure. I'm in a fog, waiting for some symptom to start. Can't focus, can't stop shaking my leg or tapping my fingers. Like I'm waiting for the bottom to drop out.

Stella
on: March 28, 2016, 08:02

Mine is like, my heart starts to race and my stomach starts churning and then I have to go to the toilet. I just feel dreadful even my legs go shaky

Eddie
on: May 23, 2016, 15:34

My mind races about my heart and health and suddenly I am in a loop. the thoughts bring on the muscle twitches, then the sensations then the worry then the thoughts. when I am in the cycle which can last a while, I am just feeling awful. I concentrate on my work or other things like driving, and the focus is broken and the cycle ends. It comes back sometimes, but especially in the afternoon, I am ready to get on my bike and release the tension. Its funny how sometimes you get so acute to your bodily sensations, that you can feel everything it does, i.e. heart beat, digestion etc.. Just let it go I tell myself and focus on something else. My main thing to do now is just notice what is going on without placing a story behind it and just notice it. So yes, my legs feel shaky or my core is sore from tensing all the time or I feel a little twitch here and there. I noticed the spot where the tension is and just don't worry about it. The last few episodes that Paul has put out since his comeback have opened my eyes giving me a new plan to overcome this. Accept and let it flow through you. Frustration will place you in a place where I say, enough is enough. I am not going to be bothered by this anymore. Yes it feels uncomfortable, but what? It will not do more to me than make me feel that. It will dissipate as it has in the past. This is not easy to do. But for me, it has brought me to a place where I am not going to be bullied around anymore. I am working on removing my fear which is the fuel to my anxiety and worry.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.05 seconds.