Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: On the path to success!
Martin
Post Re: On the path to success!
on: March 19, 2016, 11:28

Quote from Deb on March 13, 2016, 15:58
Great post ! awesome ! It's good to hear and I am not alone and I appreciate you telling us or sharing your stories along with every else too I hope you keep us with updates. Weird thing about my journey I am on:I ran across people in AA and I have been following my own 12 steps of AA book and applying it to anxiety even though anxiety not actually an addiction. I use this for strength when I have anxiety and in AA they use a higher power or a power greater than ourselves.. It's an interesting path I took but I have tried a lot of things for anxiety so far I love this group and paul Dooley, I can't wait to hear more of him I miss him. Paul if your out there prayers to you and your tests and journeys. If I could I would keep the podcast going maybe through people and their recovery stories .

Hello Deb,

I felt like sharing my story due to a statement Paul made a long time ago: that people tend to come back to this website only when they're anxious again. And I found that to be a bit of a shame. I think the people that are doing good or great should come back and share their stories i order to help those that are still struggling.

Interesting to hear about you doing AA. I hadn't actually heard about or considered this. But I'll look into it. It sounds very interesting.

Thank you for sharing that info and for your feedback 🙂

Shell
on: March 25, 2016, 10:40

Thank you,Martin. Great post. I am working on trying to not keep the anxiety on life-support, if you will. I am feeling a little flat..wondering at times, in the absence of the tumult and crisis' that had been decades of my life, if this is a normal thing. After 40 yrs of anxiety and hypervigilance , at the proverbial crossroads of life, this unsettling ease is well, unsettling. Haha. i dont know the clinical term or even if there is one (sometimes that helps to know).
So grateful for Paul's work and expertise. i am also encouraged and grateful for all the fine people on here as well.
Continuing peace to you, Martin. Thanks for sharing your story and tips.[email][/email]

Leslie
on: March 29, 2016, 00:18

In the spirit of coming here when not anxious I do have some success to share. I definitely see a big improvement since I started coming here about a year ago. I still have anxiety but I do much better at getting it under control. I have used the journal pages and that has helped me put things in perspective and remind myself that I'm going to be ok, I've been through this before. It's just anxiety, I'm not going to die.
My anxiety issues are health anxiety and worrying about intense weather. I struggle the most with health anxiety & daily thoughts about it. But I have come a long way and I remind myself of that.
Paul has helped me a lot. I hope things are going well for him and we hear from him soon. I appreciate the work he has put into helping so many with this site. I don't think I would have come this far without him.

Pages: 1 [2]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.023 seconds.