Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My relapse story long story my story
Evan
Post My relapse story long story my story
on: June 26, 2016, 07:50

Hey well I suppose I'm here to introduce myself and to talk about my relapse i have had. But first just a summary of my experience with the 8 year struggle with generalized anxiety disorder. I have suffered from amxiety since I was 14 I never knew what it was until I smoked marijuana and I had a terrible trip of blacking out and vertigo. After that I have never been the same and have been diagnosed with GAD. I was hospitalized for 3 weeks and then suffer for about 3-5 months and it just went away for a couple of years then it came back for a little while then it would go again for a year or so. But all of that was minor compared what hit me my freshman year of college. I was anxiety free I never really thought about it anymore I partied went on vacations I even went to Jamaica. But my twin brother and I have been having heart problems for awhile I was 145 pound wrestler and in very good health anyways after 4 years of being blamed of anxiety which I did have but I knew this heart thing was something more. Anyways my brother had a bad attack and got sent to the mayo clinic it was wpw and it was hitting well over 300 beats per minute. This was at the end of first semester a week before finals. When i went to visit my brother and found out the news I was stressed about my heart conditionedisease which about a year later I got surgery for it also but back to the story but what also stressed me out was that my brother had permission to skip the finals and I didn't which stressed me because he was my twin and we would work together but now im on my own. but while I was at the mayo clinic for the first day I had a headache didn't think much of it I went to bed woke up the next morning to check on my brother after his surgery and when I got off the elevator I got dizzy and guess what the headaches and the dizziness stuck I did not know my life was gonna change after that day. It was terrible I had to go through finals with the awful headaches and dizziness and depersonalization. Well long story short it stayed with me the whole second semester and into the summer It was horrible I cried everyday screamed punched things cause I didn't think I would ever be normal again I was confused. The doctors couldn't help the medication made me feel worst. I started getting blue enoptic phememnon with floters big buildings made me dizzy etc. I had it all. But I worked out and ate the right food and kept my self busy by mid summer it just vanished I didn't even think about it anymore. I was 19 years old. My life just went on I went back to school as a sophmore and smiled everyday and loved my life age 20. The next summer I moved to a new house and went to welding school with my brother lived off the financial aid age 21. I was free I didn't even think about anxiety or the dizzness I thought I broke it for good. I was out every weekened drinking with friends camping and traveling. Well that was until the summer I had to move away from my twin brother 45 mins away and live with a roommate i didnt really enjoy to much and we lived in a small apartment. Then I started a factory job I did not have my associates yet cause I was jumping field to field I needed one more year and that stressed me out because I wasn't content with my life. I would scream in my car after work my roommate was not very kind and I was just like wtf am I doing with my life I eventually quite that factory job 2 months in. I missed my brothers presence and the dog he had everything was going wrong I wasn't really ready to work it made me nervous I went and worked for dad again for landscaping note I do not have anxety doing this time but there was some strong signs it was coming back such as tingles in my fingers that were present months before the relapse. But just to recap the stressors I moved away, apartment, not so friendly roommate, factory, drinking eveynight, randomly screaming, and not content with my life education, living etc, and there was a murder in my highschool the kid that died was a very good person and was murdered over a girl from another former wtestler it sent me in shock and the whole town. Well one day I woke up just not feeling right I went to work I couldn't keep my balance or work that hard I was tired i was sent home early and I went to bed I wasn't thinking anything of it until I woke up dizzy!!!!!! I was totally freaked I called my brother and my mom and told them that I have relapsed I didn't think I was going to ever have this issue again. It destroyed me I moved back home and laid in bed for weeks. That was last August 2015. But i decided to go back to school and I did graduate but that was just horrible it lasted both semesters. Brain fog, clench jaw, tinnitus, dizziness, headaches, spasms the list goes on. I am still suffering a great dealing but after I graduated I got a job and moved back by brother and I'm trying to get better most days are bad but I am improving the dizznes and headaches have gotten 85 percent better and really the only symptoms i have now is occasional headaches, clench jaw that I believe cause tinnitus, blue enoptic phememnon and floaters, and spasms. I know I have been here before and I tell myself it will get better and all I can do is just keep working and live my life. Sorry for the Grammer for who ever actually read this ha I suppose this just helps me get things off my chest. Thank you for reading any questions just ask

Sarah
Expert
Post Re: My relapse story long story my story
on: June 26, 2016, 16:09

Hi
It's ok. You got better before, so you know you can do it again.
Stay strong. It will pass. But keep doing thing,don't let fear keep you from your life.

Evan
on: June 26, 2016, 18:24

Thank you
Hopefully soon

Eddie
on: June 28, 2016, 21:23

I recently thought relapse meant starting over but in reality for me its a method to step back and lunge myself forward. I recently felt like I was relapsing back to ground zero. The truth is that I have felt anxiety in the morning, not necessarily the sensations, but just the thoughts that trigger my sensations. At work, I interact with a few people but I have found myself dumping my thoughts on one particular person who has been dealing with this as well. Today I found myself talking way too much about this. This past weekend, I had been doing some yoga and upped my practice with a new move. Sunday, I woke up with pain in my lower back, side hips and psoas muscle on both sides of the front of my legs. the muscles are tight and very bothersome. I immediately, began to wonder if this was my kidneys. what? out of nowhere, the thought came out it seemed. I don't have a reason to feel that its my kidneys. This pain shoots down the side of my left leg from my hip. I recall that I borrowed a car that has its clutch stiff requiring more force to push down. at another point I was thinking it was my bladder then a UTI and so forth. my mind quickly raced and I was off. I didn't panic like I have in the past. Lately, I am with my sensations and I am feeling them, but this time I don't feel like I am ill. I calmly notice the sensations and look at the most likely scenario. this time it was exercise and the use of that car and the clutch. I have been practicing just being with my sensations and thoughts and letting them do what they want to do. I removed the key fuel to the thoughts and that was fear. With each thought, when I remove the fear, it remains as just a thought. I have practiced this for a little over a month and noticed that I have made faster progress now than trying to suppress my sensations for the past three years. My wife who has seen how ive been for the last three years reminds me that I have come a long way. That I was unable to get out of the house at one point at first and now I am traveling as needed and by choice. I look back and realize that as well. Today has been probably the more intense day that ive had lately. the removal of fear and adding acceptance helps. Its funny how the past three years I have researched so much information and read self help books and even audios like Pauls. within each message was always the instruction of remove the fear and allow acceptance. It was always there. I know I am different now because when I hear the message, I feel like it is meant for someone else since I now do that, acceptance with no fear. Paul has a good podcast about relapse and this was useful to hear the difference. THANKS PAUL. take care my friends. So is it really a relapse?

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.02 seconds.