Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: High Blood Pressure
Deb
Post High Blood Pressure
on: June 27, 2015, 19:44

Hi all, I have been listening and reading this great site for about two years in the beginning I had very bad anxiety l similar to Paul's and everyone on here's symptoms. Back then I was so anxious I couldn't eat and the doctors all that I was sick and crazy. Well I found out it was anxiety and worked on that over the time.At that time I was ever under weight but now I'm much happier now that I have worked so hard at this and everyday and thanks to Paul and his podcast, books and this site. So now I am overweight, fat and happy but I still need to work on my anxiety everyday especially with social situations but now my doctor says I have high blood pressure and wants me to work hard and come back in in 3 months and if not lowered I need to go on high blood pressure medicine. This is so frustrating, anxiety can take a major toll on the body. I'm Am getting older in my 40 I guess but it's not like I don't exercise because I do and I eat ok to good so now I am feeling very down about my high blood pressure and feel my anxiety is going to make it worse again worrying about it and going on meds. Ugh !

Michael
Post Re: High Blood Pressure
on: September 29, 2015, 19:26

Hi,

I was in your same shoes! I was 280 pounds, BP was 150/100, Doctor put me on Bystolic 5mg for my anxiety and HBP. I decided to change my life so I watched Fork over Knives and became a vegan. Lost 85 pounds and 5 sizes! BP is back to normal, doctor took me off of meds. I still have anxiety issues but working on them.

Exercise and DIet are so Key on this, as well as Yoga, Meditation, Listening to Pauls tips and of couse the most important thing is your Spiritual Life "GOD".

Good luck!

Larry
Post Re: High Blood Pressure
on: November 15, 2015, 03:35

I also developed HBP over the last few years, which I'm sure is at least partially related to my anxiety. My preventative cardiologist prescribed Coreg (a beta blocker) because it does double-duty by both lowering BP and reducing anxiety. I recommend it, along with diet and exercise of course.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.031 seconds.