Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Find your strength
Eddie
Post Find your strength
on: May 27, 2016, 18:31

Discover your strength to find what is your "release valve" with anxiety. Say for example, you like billiards. The concentration and focus that is needed for the game moves your focus away from anxiety and its symptoms. You can then add another "release valve" like walking, jogging or biking. Then another until you have a catalog of things to interchange when you need to "release". The more focused you are on things that you enjoy, the less you will focus on what bothers you.

This should give you some relief. Now imagine doing two or three of your go to things, now you have created a compound effect. Doing a little at a time, over time, becomes something big.

take care

Ed

Gurumiche
Expert
Post Re: Find your strength
on: June 20, 2016, 00:42

Great idea. I've learned that meditation really helps me. I'll be at work, and if I'm having bad day, I simply throw on my headphones, listen to some music, and just be.

Also, reading a book that has helped me through my ordeal with Anxiety helps alot.

I would have to say playing softball, bowling, and shooting darts have been good release valves as well. I'm trying not to drink as much as I use to, so darts and bowling can be an adventure (but oh so fun.)

Eddie
Post Re: Find your strength
on: June 28, 2016, 20:46

Bowling is great. im not too savvy on the darts thing.I wouldn't mind learning a new skill. take care.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.03 seconds.